Monday, January 16, 2012

another fab gift

i wanted to share with you this gift i received last month from my friend (for almost 30 years!), kellie. she is a photographer, a designer, and lives her life on the cutting edge of cool.


she had her photographs put into a blank journal. each page is stamped with her creative vision.


the book features scenes from her travels, her home, and the things that catch her eye each day.


i can't wait to fill it with words but for now i enjoy leafing through the images and beckoning empty spaces.


i love gifts that contain something of the giver, pieces of a person that i can hold and cherish.


i own many journals but this one is extra special. when it is filled, i will have collaborated creatively with one of my best friends. i can't ask for more from a present.

4 comments:

  1. What a creative gift! You will certainly use that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I made my first photo calendar at Christmas time, and I really liked it. I"m going to leave it in my inspiration file!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift! I love the idea that you will be sharing your words with your friend's images. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the best idea I have ever seen. What an awesome gift to cherish!

    ReplyDelete