Monday, January 24, 2011

tag! i'm it.

my friend and blog-guru, amie, tagged me today on her blog. this is the first time i've ever done one of these so i didn't know what to expect. some of the questions were easy to answer but a couple of them really stumped me! it was a challenge to reach inside for responses but a good exercise to strengthen how well i know myself. and it was fun to read about her.

Q1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?
i don’t blog anonymously but neither do i put all my info out there. i’m a private person but definitely have thoughts and ideas i want to share and the blog format is perfect for me.

Q2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
i only get my hair cut two or three times a year (even though it could certainly use it more often!) i hate appointments (of any kind!) because i always think i have better things to do with my time.

Q3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror?
sometimes i am surprised at how i look – in my mind, i still see myself as a 25 year old! but i am not distressed by my aging face. i am trying to take better care of myself these days, not because i want to look better or preserve myself, but rather because now i believe i deserve it.

Q4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
san pellegrino sparkling water

Q5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
paint, look through magazines, daydream, read, nap, take a long bath, journal

Q6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life?
i want to travel to morocco. i want to finish organizing my craft room and my boxes of stuff out in the garage. i want to be able to meditate without my mind doing jumping jacks. And I want to grow old gracefully.

Q7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
i was shy and had my head in a book a lot of time. i got ok grades but nothing spectacular in high school (much to my parents’ dismay) but did much better in college.

Q8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
i went to Paris when i was in my twenties and saw the eiffel tower. it was a dream of mine since i was a young girl and to have it actually happen was an amazing feeling. i think it also set the tone for me as a traveler and goal-setter in the years that followed.

Q9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
i share bits and pieces of myself but not everything. i don’t feel comfortable saying too much about the others in my life, since i'm not sure how they would feel about it.

Q10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

i would read. i don’t even really like talking on the phone (except to a few select people and when the timing is right) and usually don’t even know where my cell phone is!

so there it is - a bit more about me. :-) i'm now going to tag all of you. i would love to hear your answers to these questions. consider yourself "it".

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I love stuff like this. :) Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are very deep questions. Will have to think on them.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete