Friday, September 9, 2011

healing

i have really been thinking a lot about the process of healing lately. it requires complete presence to overcome illness and injury. and i'm not sure if the things i am learning are universal or just pertain to my own body and mind.


for me, i discover the most about this process by not thinking, by letting my body help me feel my way through it. but it also requires a strong, steady mindset - it is easy to over-react, get off-course, succumb to fear. i made a list of the things that are healing for me including hot tea, long baths, sunshine, music, the sound of rain, deep sleep, and patience. i plan to review this list when i need to focus on getting or keeping well. it is part of the human experience to care for our bodies when they encounter difficulties and they all eventually do. i encourage everyone to make a list of the things that are healing for you so you will have it on hand when the need arises.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, though provoking post Laurie. Thanks for the food for thought.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,

    Thank you for the kind words you sent my way, and thank you for directing me to your blog.

    It will be a part of my early-morning wake-up reading. Lovely words and great insights.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete