Thursday, September 29, 2011

the truth


the truth is i would love to write and paint and create more often than i do. i run around through my days with ideas simmering in my head but often that is where they stay.

the truth is i want to blog every day or at least several times a week but this isn't what happens. sometimes more than a week slips by between posts.

the truth is i work a full time job in which i use up so much energy doing the way i believe it needs to be done. there are evenings when i arrive home with nothing left to give.

the truth is i sometimes get discouraged and begin to believe that i should put all my artistic pursuits on the shelf. at least for now. and just focus on the immediate things that need to be accomplished on a daily basis.

but the truth is i would not be me if i gave up on this part of my life. so i will continue to search for those bits of free time, treasure and use them fully when they appear, and try not to berate myself when a few days go by that are filled up with the other parts of my life. i will have faith that there will be time, here and there, for all i wish to do.

4 comments:

  1. The truth is that you are very insightful and write wonderful nuggets when you did get a chance to post!
    I hear what you're saying about being so busy. I'm right there, too.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. the truth is you are excellent at your job and I know you enjoy what you do...just don't forget to take time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, we all live "the truth," so we all understand.

    And, we love what you do when you can.

    So, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard finding time sometimes, but we have to keep trying. Don't give up on that!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog as well. We did enjoy our trip, and Ponderay Idaho, where we stayed one night, is right next to Sandpoint. We might have seen each other and not known it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete